Friday, November 20, 2020

KINGDOM KONCEPTS Matthew 21:31,32


 

32

Matthew 21:
31,32

“Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

The parable of the two sons: Obedience to the father not based on words, “I won’t” or “I will”, but on the action. “I did” or “I didn’t”. And that based on belief. i.e. will receive reward and acceptance. Tax collectors and prostitutes acknowledge their poverty and unrighteousness. Accept their helplessness and the offer of imputed righteousness as a gift of grace dependent on repentance and faith (trust). Faith came by hearing of the word. Hearing came from the preaching of John- a man sent from God.

1 comment:

  1. The scribes and Pharisees were blinded by their self-righteousness, and didn't recognize the message of God, whether given by John, sent from God, nor Jesus, the very Son of God.

    ReplyDelete

Kingdom Koncepts: Introduction and Matthew 3:1,2

  KINGDOM KONCEPTS Being comments by Grant Alford on the passages in Matthew’s Gospel making references to the “Kingdom of God”, “Kingdom ...